- Yield: 12 eclairs
- Pate a Choux for Eclairs, chilled in the pastry bag
- Dulce de Leche
- Diplomat Cream
- Candied Pecans
- Caramelia Rectangles
How to Make It
- Create a template and pipe and bake the eclairs as directed Let cool completely.
- Using a serrated knife, cut off the top third of each eclair (the tops will not be used). To fill the eclairs
- Spoon 30 grams/about 1½ tablespoons of the dulce de leche into each eclair bottom.
- Fill the pastry bag with the diplomat cream. Pipe the cream in a spiral rosette pattern over the dulce de leche in each eclair, extending just past the top of the eclair. Arrange 6 or 7 pecans along the right edge of the spiral. Pipe a second spiral on top, leaving the right halves of the pecans exposed. Top with a Caramelia rectangle, if using, and set on a serving platter. Repeat with the remaining eclairs.
- The eclairs are best eaten as soon as they are completed, but they can be refrigerated for up to 1 hour.