Earl Grey makes a particularly refreshing and almost sophisticated iced tea, but you can make this with any tea you choose, or follow the same basic method and make iced coffee with iced coffee cubes. This recipe is easily doubled or tripled just make sure you have enough ice-cube trays!
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 5 Earl Grey tea bags
- 3 to 4 tablespoons superfine sugar
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- Place 2 glasses in the freezer. In a medium saucepan, bring 2½ cups cold water to a boil. Remove from the heat, add the tea bags, and let steep 5 minutes. Discard the tea bags. Stir in the sugar, to taste. Add 1 cup cold water.
- Pour about half the tea into ice-cube trays and freeze. Chill the remaining tea in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, place the ice cubes in the chilled glasses, pour the tea over, and garnish with mint.