The cheese pasta sauce and the Worcestershire sauce make this dish reminiscent of Welsh rarebit.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- 1¾ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (14 to 16 ounce) jar cheddar cheese pasta sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large onion, halved crosswise and thinly sliced
- 6 pumpernickel or rye buns, split and toasted, or 6 slices pumpernickel or rye bread, toasted and halved diagonally
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled (optional)
- 1 tomato, chopped (optional)
- Kosher dill pickles (optional)
How to Make It
- Cut chicken diagonally into ½-inch thick slices; set aside. In a 3½ or 4 quart slow cooker, stir together pasta sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Add onion and chicken slices.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2½ hours.
- To serve, spoon chicken and sauce mixture over bun halves. If desired, sprinkle with crumbled bacon and tomato. Serve with dill pickles, if desired.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.