If you have Madras curry powder, use it for slightly more heat and richer flavor.
- Yield: 1 Serving
- 5 oz frozen edamame pods, thawed
- 1½ Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp unsalted tomato paste
- 3 oz fresh okra (about 7 pods), trimmed and halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup frozen green peas, thawed
- ½ cup Simply Seasoned Bulgur, warmed
How to Make It
- Shell edamame to equal about ⅓ cup; discard pods, and set aside the beans.
- Heat oil in a medium-size heavy skillet over medium-low. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in curry powder, salt, and cayenne; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer mixture to a blender. Add almond milk and tomato paste; process until smooth.
- Wipe skillet clean with paper towels. Heat skillet over high. Add okra, cut sides down, and cook until slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn pods over, and cook 1 minute. Remove from skillet. Remove skillet from heat, and let cool briefly. Return skillet to medium heat. Add curry sauce, green peas, and shelled edamame to skillet; cook until heated through and sauce thickens slightly, about 4 minutes. Spoon Simply Seasoned Bulgur into a bowl; top with curry mixture and okra.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.