- Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Sea salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne
- 1 cup endive leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ head Bibb lettuce, torn into pieces
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves; reserve a few leaves for garnish
- ½ cup sunflower sprouts
- ½ cup red cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup carrots, shredded
- ¼ cup blueberries; reserve some for garnish
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
How to Make It
- Whisk mustard and vinegar together in a small bowl until smooth. Add oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and cayenne and blend well.
- Sprinkle the endive with lemon juice to avoid wilting.
- Place the Bibb lettuce in a large salad bowl and cover with the endive leaves.
- Combine basil, sprouts, tomatoes, carrots, blueberries, and sunflower seeds in a bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Place the tossed salad on top of the endive and Bibb lettuce.
- Garnish with blueberries and basil.