- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 4 cups shelled fava beans salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5½ Ounces (150 g) ciabatta, diced into ¾ in (2 cm) cubes (about 3 cups)
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 4 scallions, green parts removed and finely chopped
- 10.33 cups feta cheese, roughly crumbled
- handful of chopped mint leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped dill (optional)
- 4 handfuls of baby salad leaves
- 1 Lemon juice
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Cook the beans in boiling salted water for 2–3 minutes until just cooked, plunge them into cold water to cool them, and peel off the skins.
- Meanwhile, toss the diced bread in ¼ cup of olive oil, sprinkle over a little salt and pepper, and place on a baking sheet. Cook at the top of the hot oven for about 8 minutes, turning once, until the bread is golden brown and crispy.
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together the vinegar, garlic, and remaining olive oil, then season with plenty of pepper and just a little salt (as the feta is already salty). Add the fava beans, toasted bread, scallions, feta, and herbs, and toss well to coat.
- Let the salad stand for 30 minutes to develop the flavors and soften the bread. Add the salad leaves and lemon juice, and serve.