- Yield: 4 Individual pizzas
- Knob of coconut oil or ghee
- 3 leeks, white parts only, sliced into rounds
- Fine sea salt
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 chunk Pecorino Romano cheese (about 6 ounces / 175 g) 4-Ingredient spelt pizza dough
- Kale-walnut pesto
- 2 cups / 200 g fresh chanterelle mushrooms
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Cold-pressed olive oil, for garnish
- Handful fresh oregano leaves, for garnish
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 500°F / 260°C. If you have one, put a baking or pizza stone in the oven to warm up.
- Melt the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks and a few pinches of salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and caramelized, about 15 minutes. If the pan becomes dry, add a little water. Remove from the heat.
- Using a mandoline, slice the sweet potato into very thin rounds. Slice the cheese into thin pieces.
- To assemble a pizza, roll out one portion of the dough on a piece of parchment paper, forming a large round, about 10 inches / 25 cm in diameter. Sprinkle it generously with salt, then spread about one-quarter of the kale pesto over the dough. Top with a quarter of the caramelized leeks, mushrooms, and sweet potato and cheese slices, and sprinkle with plenty of cracked black pepper.
- Slide the flatbread onto a baking sheet or the preheated baking stone, and bake until the crust is golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the oven, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with oregano leaves, and serve. Repeat with the remaining dough and toppings.