There is no other pot dish you can make that will please all who try it. One bite of this savory dish and all who try it will become hooked.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 pound of chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups of 2% milk
- ½ teaspoons of seasoned salt
- 2 cups of bowtie pasta
- 2 ounces of low fat cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoons of black pepper
- ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Parsley, chopped and for garnish
How to Make It
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1 inch sized cubes.
- In a skillet set over medium heat, add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add in the chicken pieces. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Add in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil into the skillet. Add in the minced garlic. Cook for 30 seconds. Add in the all-purpose flour. Whisk until mixed.
- Add in the low-sodium chicken broth. Whisk until smooth in consistency. Add in the 2% milk and continue to whisk. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until thick in consistency.
- Add in the bowtie pasta and increase the heat to high. Allow to come to a boil. Lower the heat to low. Cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through.
- Add in the grated cream cheese and grated parmesan cheese. Add in the cooked chicken and stir well to incorporate. Continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Serve immediately with a garnish of chopped parsley.