These Greek-style burgers made with melting feta cheese are perfectly complemented by a fresh basil mayo.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 4 ounces feta cheese (crumbled)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh basil (chopped)
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 4 slices tomato
How to Make It
- In a bowl, combine the feta, beef, salt, parsley, and oregano. Shape the mixture into 4 even patties.
- Warm the oil in a skillet over moderately high heat. Cook the burgers in the skillet for a few minutes on each side.
- In the meantime, prepare the mayo. Stir together the mayo, salt, and basil in a small bowl.
- Spread the mayo on the base of each bun and arrange the burgers on top followed by a little fresh spinach and a slice of tomato.
- Serve straight away.