- Yield: 1 Serving
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- ¼ cup extra-firm silken tofu (2 oz)
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Simply Seasoned Bulgur
- ⅔ cup frozen green peas, thawed
- ¼ cup chopped scallion whites
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1½ Tbsp olive oil, divided
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1½ cups torn stemmed lacinato kale
- ⅓ cup sliced English cucumber
- 1 thin red onion slice, halved
How to Make It
- Process tofu and flour in a mini food processor until smooth. Add Simply Seasoned Bulgur; pulse until blended. Add peas, scallion, cumin, and ⅛ teaspoon salt; pulse until combined.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium. Shape pea mixture into 2 patties. (They will be very soft but will firm up as they cook.) Add patties to skillet; gently flatten to ¾-inch thickness. Cook until browned on bottom, 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully turn fritters, and cook until browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Mash avocado, garlic, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and a dash of salt until smooth.
- Place kale in a bowl; drizzle with remaining 1½ teaspoons oil. Massage until lightly wilted. Add cucumber, onion, remaining 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and remaining dash of salt; toss to combine. Serve salad and fritters with mashed avocado.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.