Gremolata, a zesty Italian garnish traditionally made of minced parsley, lemon rind, and garlic, is simple to prepare and great for adding a burst of fresh flavor to a variety of dishes. Here, we’ve substituted orange rind for the lemon rind. Serve with mashed sweet potatoes.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 2 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 12 Minutes
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium-size red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
- Orange Gremolata
- Prepare grill.
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Place steak and onion wedges on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- While steak grills, combine balsamic vinegar and shallots in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 7 minutes or until reduced to ¼ cup. Drizzle balsamic mixture over steak slices, and sprinkle with Orange Gremolata.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.