- Yield: 6 Servings
- 4 ounces mascarpone, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed per package instructions
- 6 (4½" long × 1⁄8" thick) pieces of guava paste
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy cream, for egg wash
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, combine the mascarpone, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, lemon zest, and egg yolk. Use the paddle attachment and cream on low until smooth and uniform.
- On a floured surface, roll out the thawed puff pastry to approximately 15" × 10". Cut into 6 even (5" × 5") squares. Place about 2 tablespoons or so of the cheese mixture in the center and top with a slice of the guava paste. Fold opposite corners across the cheese and guava, overlapping and securing with a bit of egg wash and pressure. Fold the other corners in but not enough to seal the packet entirely—you just want to create a barrier so the cheese doesn’t ooze out during cooking. Brush all exposed surfaces of the pastry with the egg wash.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.