These are really easy and fun to make with your kids. As with most cookies, if you want them to have a soft texture take them out of the oven when they are browned just at the edges they’ll continue to cook and set on the hot baking sheet.
- Yield: 12 to 15 Servings
- 150 g toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 70 g butter
- 50 g caster sugar
- 100 g muscovado sugar
- 1 egg
- 150 plain white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75 g white chocolate chips
- 50 g dried cherries
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Put 100 g of the hazelnuts in a food processor with the oil, salt and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Beat together the nut mixture, butter, caster and muscovado sugars and egg in a bowl. Mix in all the other ingredients along with the remaining nuts.
- Divide into walnut-sized pieces and arrange, well spaced out, on a non-stick baking sheet or a tray lined with baking parchment.
- Bake for 6–7 minutes until light golden brown around the edges.
- Leave to cool and set on the tray for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight tin.