- Yield: 6 Servings about 1-1/8 cups per serving
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 0.66 cup fat-free half-and-half
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 12 ounces cooked chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- ¾ cup reduced-fat shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
How to Make It
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic powder, dry mustard, pepper, broth, and broccoli; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and half-and-half. Add to soup, along with salt, if desired, chicken, and macaroni. Simmer 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in cheese. Cook 1 minute, or until cheese has melted, stirring constantly. Serve immediately.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.