- Yield: 6 to 8 Servings (12 popovers)
- 1½ cups/185 g all-purpose/plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups/360 ml whole milk at room temperature
- 3 large eggs at room temperature, beaten
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ cup/60 ml reserved fat from Rosemary-Crusted Standing Rib Roast
How to Make It
- Adjust an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C/gas 7. Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, milk, eggs, and thyme. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until incorporated.
- Add 1 tsp reserved fat to each of 12 popover or muffin cups. Heat the pan in the oven until very hot, about 5 minutes.
- Fill each cup half full of batter and bake for 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden. Do not open the oven door or the popovers will fall.