- Yield: 4 Servings
- 250 g brown rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 5 cm piece of cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- large handfuls of fresh coriander, parsley and mint
- salt and black pepper
How to Make It
- Rinse the brown rice and soak it in fresh cold water for 1 hour. Tip it into a sieve and drain thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and fry gently for just a couple of minutes, then stir in the drained rice. Stir for another couple of minutes until the rice is well coated with oil, then pour the stock into the pan. Add the cinnamon stick and bay leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the stock to the boil, then cover the pan and turn the heat down to its lowest setting. Cook for about 25 minutes until all the liquid has absorbed and the rice is cooked through but still has a slight bite.
- Remove the pan from the heat and take out the cinnamon stick and bay leaves, then stir all the fresh herbs into the rice. Serve immediately.