I always tell my friends that this recipe is a great way to sneak vegetables into their kids’ diets. The honey glaze and orange tang make these carrots taste like candy, but the bold flavor from the horseradish keeps them slightly sophisticated and packed with flavor for the adults.
- Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 3 Hours
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup prepared horseradish
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Spray the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place the carrots in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, butter, horseradish, salt, and orange juice concentrate and pour over the carrots. Cover and cook on High for 3 hours, stirring once after 2 hours.
- Serve garnished with fresh parsley.