Here is another Instant pot chicken mole recipe that you will love. This filling makes a delicious taco when topped with cheese, cilantro and a lime wedge.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- dried ancho chiles
- 28 ounces can whole roasted tomatoes
- 1 roughly chopped medium onion
- ounces sliced almonds toasted
- ½ ounce toasted sesame seeds
- 4 ounces dark baking chocolate
- ounces raisins
- ounces chicken stock
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- ½ ounce cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- garlic cloves
- 32 ounces chicken thighs skin-on and bone-in
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 x 6” corn tortillas
- 2 ounces crumbled Cotija cheese
- 2 ounces chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
How to Make It
- Boil water in a pot or kettle. Place ancho chilies in a bowl and pour enough boiling water to cover them. Soak for 10 minutes. When cool enough to handle, remove stems and seeds and discard.
- Heat frying pan on medium high and toast almonds and sesame seeds for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine boiled chilies, roasted tomatoes, chopped onion, toasted almonds, toasted sesame seeds, baking chocolate, raisins, stock, chipotle chiles with sauce, cumin, oregano, cinnamon and garlic in a blender and process until smooth.
- Season chicken evenly with salt and place in Instant Pot. Pour in mole sauce. Cover the Instant pot and seal the vent. Set it to Poultry, High for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow steam to release naturally by opening the vent. Remove chicken and shred. Remove 16 ounces of mole sauce from the Instant Pot and store for future use. Return shredded chicken back to the remaining mole sauce in the Instant Pot.
- Toast corn tortillas directly on the burner of the stove on medium high. Arrange tortillas on serving plates and spoon mole sauce evenly between tortillas. Top with Cotija cheese and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.