This is a great replacement for conventional coleslaw and is sure to be a crowd favorite. The sulfur compounds in cabbage help the liver break down excess hormones and neutralize the effects of damaging toxic compounds (found in household cleaners and cigarette smoke secondhand too) and endocrine disruptors.
- Yield: 9 cups of coleslaw
- 6 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 cups grated carrots
- ½ cup Hemp Hearts or raw sunflower seeds
- ½ tsp pink rock or gray sea salt
- ½ cup finely chopped green onions
- ½ cup dried currants or 2 Tbsp raw liquid honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ cup Hemp Mayo or Sunny Anti-inflammatory Dressing
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, Hemp Hearts or sunflower seeds, and salt, as well as any of the optional boosters.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Add the dressing to the salad, and toss until evenly coated.
- If you want to make a stir-fry, omit the honey and the Hemp Mayo or Anti-inflammatory Dressing, and halve the cinnamon, if using. Sauté the dressed salad on medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.