- Yield: 3 cups
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.5 oz (411 g) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 medium pitted dates, sliced, about 1 oz (25 g) in total
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, dates, salt, and pepper. Increase heat to bring to a boil. Once bubbling, remove from heat.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and blend for 1 minute, or until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.