- Yield: 1 large/4 small pies biscuit base
- 7 oz (200 g) digestive biscuits, crushed
- 4 oz (100 g) butter, melted
- 7½ fl oz (210 ml) condensed milk
- 4 free-range egg yolks
- 5 finely grated limes juice and zest
- Whipped cream and limes to serve
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/gas 4).
- Mix the crushed crumbs with the melted butter.
- Press the mixture into the base and up the sides of 4 small pie tins.
- Prebake the pie shells in the middle of the oven for about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Mix the condensed milk with the yolks, grated lime zest and juice. Leave the mixture to infuse and absorb the lime flavour for at least 30–60 minutes. Then strain the mixture in a fine sieve and discard the zest.
- Fill the pie shells and bake in the middle of the oven for about 15 minutes (a little longer if making one big pie). Let cool and serve the pies with whipped cream and slices of fresh lime.