- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
For Chicken and Broccoli
- 1½ lb (675 g) skinless, boneless chicken breast, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, to serve
For Yogurt Sauce
- ½ cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
How to Make It
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat.
- In a large non-stick sauté pan, melt 1½ tbsp coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken to the pan and cook for 3 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn white. Flip the pieces and cook for another 3 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Transfer cooked chicken to a shallow bowl. Melt another 1½ tbsp coconut oil and repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken.
- In a medium pot, bring 4 cups water to a boil over high heat. Add the broccoli florets, reduce heat to medium, and cover. Cook for 6 minutes, until broccoli is bright green and crisp-tender. Drain the broccoli and return it to the pot. Add the remaining 2 tbsp coconut oil and toss to coat.
- To make yogurt sauce, stir together the yogurt, cumin, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate.
- To assemble the meals, add ½ cup cooked brown rice to each of 4 meal prep containers. Add an equal amount of chicken and broccoli to each container, and pour any accumulated juices from the chicken over top. Serve with yogurt sauce.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.