The use of malt, made of ground barley, adds a unique depth and taste to this milkshake. The choice of evaporated milk instead of regular milk ensures an extra-luscious end result.
- Yield: 2 large or 4 small shakes
- 1 pint good-quality vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whole evaporated milk
- 1 cup crushed ice
- ¼ cup malt powder
- 1 tablespoon molasses
How to Make It
- Combine the ice cream, evaporated milk, crushed ice, malt powder, and molasses in a blender and blend until thick and smooth.
- Serve immediately in chilled glasses with straws and spoons.