Take ganache, a dreamy mixture of melted chocolate and whipping cream, add sweet segments of fresh mandarin orange and tangy cranberries, and you have a dessert that’s irresistible and also beautiful to present.
- Yield: 12 tarts
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 12 frozen 3-inch (8 cm) tart shells
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) whipping cream
- 4 oz (125 g) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) orange liqueur
- 4 mandarin oranges, peeled and separated into segments
- ¼ cup (60 ml) dried cranberries
- icing sugar for dusting
- 12 small mint sprigs, for garnish (optional)
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the tart shells on a baking sheet and prick each one several times with a fork.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Remove the foil liners and set the tart shells on a serving tray.
- Place the whipping cream in a small pot and bring to a boil. Add the chocolate and orange liqueur and stir until the chocolate is melted and well incorporated. Spoon the ganache into the tart shells, cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until the ganache is set, about 1 hour.
- Decorate the tarts with orange segments and dried cranberries. To serve, dust the tarts lightly with icing sugar. Garnish with a mint sprig, if desired.