This recipe is reminiscent of mango sticky rice. Coconut milk adds creaminess, while the mango adds a burst of fruit flavor to the mix. I like to use light coconut milk, but regular will work fine, too.
- Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
- Cooking Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- 1½ cups (280 g) arborio rice
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 392 g) light coconut milk
- 1½ cups (355 ml) vanilla-flavored nondairy milk, plus more as needed
- ½ cup (100 g) sugar or (120 ml) maple syrup (or sweetener of choice to taste)
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
How to Make It
- Oil the crock of your slow cooker or line with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients except for the mango. Cook on high for 1½ to 2 hours.
- Add a little more nondairy milk if the mixture is not wet or creamy enough.
- Serve topped with fresh mango.