This salad has all of my favorite Mediterranean flavors packed into one awesome dish. This recipe is extremely versatile. It makes a great side dish or a quick and healthy snack, and it also makes a wonderful salad topper that pairs perfectly with grilled chicken breasts.
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 0.5 cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup halved Roma tomato
- ½ cup diced cucumber (I recommend English cucumbers for this recipe)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 0.75 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 0.5 tablespoon lemon juice
- 0.5 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 0.25 teaspoon minced garlic
- Pinch of salt, or to taste
- Pinch of black pepper, or to taste
- Pinch of sweetener that measures like sugar Drain and rinse the chickpeas and place in a medium bowl. Add the parsley, bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, feta, and olives. In a shaker or water bottle, add the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, yogurt, garlic, salt, black pepper, and sweetener and shake to mix. Pour the dressing over the chickpea salad and toss to coat with the dressing. Chill in the refrigerator for about an hour or enjoy immediately!