- Yield: 2 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- olive oil spray
- 4 spring onions (scallions), trimmed and chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and diced
- 7 oz/1 cup (200 g) canned refried beans
- a handful of coriander (cilantro), chopped
- 2 large wholewheat tortillas or wraps
- a handful of crisp lettuce, e.g. cos (romaine) or iceberg, shredded
- 4 tbsp hot salsa
- 4 tbsp grated Cheddar cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp 0% fat Greek yoghurt, to serve
- hot sauce, for drizzling (optional)
How to Make It
- Lightly spray a non-stick frying pan (skillet) with oil and set over a low–medium heat. Cook the spring onions (scallions) and chilli for 3 minutes until softened. Add the refried beans together with a good splash of water. Stir well and heat through gently the mixture shouldn’t be too thick as you’ll need to spread it over the tortillas. Add the coriander (cilantro) and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, warm the tortillas or wraps in the oven or on a griddle pan set over a low heat.
- Spread the refried bean mixture over the warm tortillas or wraps and top with the shredded lettuce, salsa and cheese.
- Roll up the tortillas or fold the ends in to enclose the filling and then roll. Serve immediately with the Greek yoghurt.