Mixed-Berry Cobbler is an amazing way to make the most of fresh (or frozen) strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Choose a couple of your favorites, or add them all in! You can’t go wrong with this super simple slow-simmered recipe.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 3 Hours 30 Minutes
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box vanilla cake mix
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 cups fresh or frozen mixed berries
- Combine the cake mix, butter, and sugar in a large bowl until crumbly. Label a 1-gallon freezer bag, place it in another large bowl, and pour in the crumble mixture. Next, add the berries to the bag. (When you pour the mixture out, the berries will be on the bottom of the slow cooker and the crumble on the top.) Squeeze the remaining air out of the bag and seal it. Lay the bag flat to freeze. Serving Day
- On serving day, pour the contents of the freezer bag into the slow cooker so that they’re spread over the bottom. (It doesn’t have to be layered perfectly—mixing is fine.) Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 3½ hours.