As bananas are plentiful in India throughout the whole year, it is one of our favorite foods. This particular
rasayana we love to eat with banana as the main fruit as it adds so much flavor. If some fruits are not in season, you can also use guava, grapes, melon and any seasonal fruit available. Sweet limes are similar to grapefruit and you can substitute oranges as well.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 kg (2 lb) bananas, sliced
- 250 g (8 oz) papaya, chopped into small cubes
- 2 apples, chopped into small cubes
- 3 sweet limes or 2 oranges, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 90 g (3 oz) green or black grapes
- 1 pomegranate, peeled and cleaned
- 2 mangoes, chopped
- 1 cup coconut cream
- jaggery, sugar or honey to taste
- Place the bananas into a serving bowl.
- Add the papaya, apples, sweet limes or oranges, grapes, pomegranate, mango pulp and coconut cream. Add jaggery, sugar or honey to taste and mix well.
- Chill for 10-15 minutes. Serve in individual bowls.