- Yield: 1 Serving
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 small pear, peeled, cored and halved
- ½ cup (125 ml) semi-skimmed milk
- 60 g rolled oats
- 100 g low-fat plain yoghurt
How to Make It
- Bring the honey and 1 cup (250 ml) of water to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium–low heat. Add the pear halves and top up with a little water, if necessary (the pears should be completely covered). Cover with a lid and simmer for 10–15 minutes until the pear is just tender and the liquid is a little syrupy. Set aside to cool slightly.
- When cool enough to handle, cut into 5 mm thick slices. To save time, the pear can be poached the night before and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Bring 200 ml of water and 50 ml of the milk to the boil over high heat. Stir in the oats and reduce the heat to medium–low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, pour the porridge into a serving bowl. Top with the remaining milk, poached pear and yoghurt. Drizzle over the poaching syrup.