- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb (450 g) ground beef or bison
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 15 oz (425 g) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 8 oz (225 g) full-fat feta cheese
- 4 cups baby arugula
How to Make It
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over high heat. Add the garlic and onion. Sauté for 2 minutes, until onions are beginning to soften and garlic is fragrant. Stir in the bell pepper and continue to cook until onions are translucent.
- Add the tomato paste and stir to coat. Add the ground beef, using a spatula to break up the meat. Cook until beef begins to brown, about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cumin, mustard powder, paprika, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes, stirring to coat the meat and vegetables with spices.
- Add the chickpeas and stir. When the meat is fully cooked, add the red wine vinegar. Stir together and remove from heat.
- To assemble the meals, divide arugula evenly among 4 containers. Top each bed of arugula with an equal portion of the beef and chickpea mixture. Top each meal with 2 oz (56 g) feta cheese, crumbled.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.