This is no ordinary orange-banana smoothie. This drink has an added twist of a subtle floral taste given by adding squash blossoms. This exotic ingredient can be found in Mexican markets during the summertime or straight from your garden. Spring for this ingredient and treat yourself, you won’t regret it.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 6 each medium oranges
- ¼ tsp finely grated orange zest
- 2 each medium bananas
- 10 each medium squash blossoms, tough stems removed
- ½ cup ice 1 cup or filtered water
- Orange slices for garnish
- Place all of the ingredients, except the garnish in a high powered blender.
- Start on low, and then increase the speed to high. Blend until smooth. For Garnish
- Place an orange slice on the edge of each glass, and then serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.