If desired, top this tender pork sandwich with your favorite chili.
- Yield: 5 Servings
- 10 (3½-oz) boneless pork loin chops
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cup milk
- 5 large hamburger buns
- Yellow mustard
- 10 tomato slices Coleslaw
How to Make It
- Place pork between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and flatten to ¼-inch thickness, using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1 inch in a large skillet; heat over medium-high heat to 375°.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir together egg and milk; add to dry mixture, beating until smooth. Dip pork, in batches, into batter, and fry 3 minutes on each side or until golden and pork is done. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels.
- Spread both halves of each bun with desired amount of mustard. Layer with 2 pork chops, 2 tomato slices, and desired amount of coleslaw on bottom half of each bun. Cover with top halves of buns.