It’s so easy to prepare and so quick to put together, which is great when you’ve had a long day at work!
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 200 g fresh egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 20 medium raw king prawns, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ medium green pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 120 g sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved
- 20 g unsalted cashew nuts, roughly chopped
Honey Lemon Sauce
- 200 ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cm fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- Lemon juice, to taste
- ½ teaspoon reduced-salt tamari or soy sauce
How to Make It
- Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 10 minutes, then loosen the noodles with a fork. Drain and refresh under cool running water. Drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce, whisk the stock, honey, ginger, lemon juice and tamari or soy sauce together in a small bowl.
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add half of the oil and carefully swirl it around to coat the sides of the wok. Heat until very hot.
- Add the prawns and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes or until they change colour. Transfer to a plate and set aside to rest.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok over high heat. Add the onion, pepper and carrot and stir-fry for 3–4 minutes until tender-crisp. Add the sugar snap peas and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Pour in the sauce and toss gently to coat. Add the prawns and cook for 1–2 minutes or until the prawns are just cooked through. Add the noodles and toss gently to combine.
- To serve, place the stir-fry in two serving bowls and sprinkle over the cashews.