This is one cake recipe that really is easy to prepare. Just prep the cake batter like the box says and then allow your pressure pot to “bake” it. It can be made in any type of pressure cooker.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ¾ cup of whole milk
- 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp of mango syrup
- 1¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/8 tsp of kosher salt
How to Make It
- Grease a pan or other vessel that will fit within your pressure pot. It can be stainless steel or aluminum.
- Pre-heat pressure pot and salt for five minutes before you put the batter inside.
- Mix milk, sugar and oil in large sized bowl till sugar has melted.
- Add mango syrup. Combine.
- Run dry ingredients through sieve and into wet ingredients.
- Add lemon juice. Combine mixtures well.
- Pour cake batter into vessel prepared in step 1.
- Open lid of pressure pot. Place separator at bottom. Place cake batter vessel above the separator carefully, since cooker is hot.
- Close lid. Cook at med-high for five minutes or so.
- Lower heat to med-low. Cook for 30 minutes. Be SURE the heat is down to med-low for this phase.
- Cook the cake until a toothpick inserted in it comes back clean. This usually takes 30-40 minutes.
- Switch pressure pot off. Allow cake to rest in pot for five minutes. Remove it. Allow to rest for 10 more minutes. Slice and serve.