- Yield: 125 ml ramekins (serves 6–8 as a snack/starter)
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- 400 g Basic Roast Chicken, skin and bones removed, roughly chopped (reserve any roasting liquid)
- 60 ml sour cream
- 20 ml finely chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ small onion, finely chopped
- 30 ml dry sherry
- 15 ml chicken stock or, ideally, reserved roasting liquid
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 5 ml salt
- 1 ml white pepper
- 5 drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 ml grated nutmeg
- 100 ml clarified butter, for sealing (optional)
How to Make It
- Grease four 125 ml ramekins with butter.
- Place all the ingredients, except the clarified butter, into a food processor and blend until well combined and smooth.
- Adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
- Spoon the pâté into the ramekins and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to chill. Pour over a little clarified butter, if using, and refrigerate until needed.