- Yield: 2 Servings
Roast red mullet
- 1 large red mullet or 2 smaller fillets, per portion
- 200 ml pommace oil
- 1 kg large frozen prawns in the shells with heads on, roughly chopped
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 kg langoustine bones, well roasted in the oven
- 3 litres chicken or fish stock grated zest and juice of 1 orange and 1 lemon
- 500 g bomba paella rice
- 3 shallots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1.5 litre prawn stock
- 3 red gambas prawns per portion, deveined and diced parsley, chopped
How to Make It
Roast red mullet
- Pan roast the mullet to get a little colour.
- Finish with sea salt and lemon juice. Stock
- In a large pan heat the pommace oil until smoking.
- Add the prawns and colour well, add the vegetables roasting until they also colour.
- Add the langoustine bones and roast for 2 minutes.
- Cover with the stock, zest and juice simmer for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool and infuse then pass allow the stock to drip through a colander for 10 minutes. Rice
- In a large pan sweat off the bomba paella rice with the diced shallots and cloves of diced garlic.
- Add the stock to cover the rice.
- Cover the pan and place in medium-hot oven about 180°C and leave for 10 minutes.
- Take out and stir twice then return to the oven for 5 more minutes, still covered rice should be just undercooked.
- Take out and chill in a tray. Seaweed butter
- Once the seaweed has been washed and blanched blitz it to a very smooth paste, pass and beat into the soft butter. Seaweed roast potatoes
- Baby new potatoes confit in olive oil or duck fat infused with garlic and thyme until tender. To serve
- When ready to serve place 1 litre of the prawn stock into a pan and reduce by half.
- Add 300 g rice to the stock and mix almost like a risotto, until stock has been absorbed.
- Pull from the heat and add chopped prawns and finish with a touch of butter and olive oil, a squeeze of lemon and seasoning.
- Roast potatoes in a pan to give good roasted colour add the seaweed butter and fry quite fast.
- Add three cockles per portion and allow to open then add the blanched samphire.
- Remove from heat and serve with the rice and red mullet.