- Yield: 6 Servings
- Total Time: 1 Hour
- 14 ounces smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1-inch-thick pieces
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup dried cannellini beans, soaked in hot water for 1 hour and drained
- 1 cup prepared sauerkraut
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
How to Make It
- In the Instant Pot, combine all of the ingredients.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select manual and set the pot at high pressure for 30 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, allow the pot to sit undisturbed for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Use the back of a spoon to smash some of the beans to thicken the soup to desired consistency. Discard the bay leaves and serve.