- Yield: 4 Servings
- 9 oz (250 g) live mussels
- 12 oz (350 g) live scallops, shucked and cleaned
- 9 oz (250 g) prepared squid, cut into rings and tentacles
- 1 red onion, halved and finely sliced
- Chopped parsley, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
For the Dressing
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
How to Make It
- Clean the mussels by scrubbing or scraping the shells and pulling out any beards that are attached to them. Discard any with broken shells or any that refuse to close when tapped. Put the mussels in a colander and rinse well under cold running water. Put them in a large pan with a little water and cook, covered, over a high heat, shaking the pan occasionally, for 3–4 minutes, or until the mussels have opened. Discard any mussels that remain closed. Strain the mussels, reserving the cooking liquid. Refresh the mussels under cold running water, drain, and set aside.
- Return the reserved cooking liquid to the pan and bring to a boil, add the scallops and squid, and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain. Refresh under cold running water and drain again. Remove the mussels from their shells. Put them in a bowl with the scallops and squid and let cool. Cover with plastic wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- Divide the seafood among 4 serving plates and top with the onion. Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, then drizzle over the salad. Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges to serve.