- Yield: 3 Servings
- 1 lb unpeeled, jumbo raw wild shrimp (16/20 count)
- 1 Tbsp salt
- Vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup self-rising flour
How to Make It
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired. Combine salt and 3 cups water in a large bowl. Add shrimp to brine; let stand 20 minutes.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat over medium-high heat to 375°.
- Meanwhile, whisk together egg and milk in a medium bowl. Place flour in a shallow dish.
- Drain shrimp; pat dry. Dip shrimp in egg mixture; dredge in flour, shaking off excess. Fry shrimp, 6 at a time, 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels.