If you’re looking for a simple yet ultradelicious way to prepare shrimp, it’s hard to go wrong with this dish. The shrimp is topped with a quick-to-make, buttery, sparkling wine mixture and cooked briefly. All you have to do is wait for your guest to say “Mmm, yummy!”
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tail portion left intact
- 0.33 cup (80 ml) champagne or sparkling white wine
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) melted butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- small garlic clove, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp (10 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Place the shrimp in a shallow baking dish large enough to hold them in a single layer, with about a half-inch (1 cm) space between each of them. Combine the champagne, butter, lemon juice, garlic and cayenne in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over the shrimp; season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until the shrimp have turned pink and are slightly firm to the touch. Divide the shrimp and sauce between 2 heated plates, sprinkle with parsley and serve.