- Yield: 4 Servings
- ¼ cup (dry) high-fiber elbow macaroni noodles
- ½ cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese,
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (or lowfat milk)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cottage cheese
- Pinch of black pepper, optional
- Pinch of dry mustard, optional
How to Make It
- Combine the pasta noodles, water, and salt in a large 4-cup microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 6 minutes, taking the bowl out and stirring every 2 minutes. (The water should be almost completely absorbed at this point and the pasta should be al dente.) Add 2 tablespoons Cheddar, almond milk, cottage cheese, pepper if desired, and mustard powder if desired.
- Stir and microwave another 2 minutes or until the cheese and cottage cheese are melted. Stir once more after removing the bowl from the microwave. Add the remaining tablespoon of cheese and stir until everything is combined.