- 3-4 pounds (2 kg) pork spare ribs
- 1 cup dry rub
How to Make It
- Begin by pulling the filmy membrane off the back of the ribs. Spread the dry rub all over.
- Once covered, place in refrigerator for 2–3 hours (you can leave them overnight if you want). Remove and allow to come to room temperature.
- Get your grill or smoker running at around 250°F (120°C) with no direct heat to the meat. If you have soaked wood chips, use them. Place a drip pan under your meat underneath your cooking rack filled halfway with water.
- Place ribs meaty side up onto your rack and over pan. After 1 hour of smoking, flip ribs over.
- Allow to cook for 1 more hour and then pull ribs from grill. Cover in aluminum foil and put back in the smoker for 1 more hour.
- Pull from grill and let sit for 10 minutes before cutting into serving sizes.