While they say a Snickers satisfies, a Snickers Mini Donut truly satisfies. These tender chocolate mini donuts have a sweet drizzle of caramel running through the center, as well as a coating of caramel on top. They’re a total win-win!
- Yield: 30 mini donuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Smucker’s caramel-flavored Sundae Syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Smucker’s caramel-flavored Sundae Syrup
- 1 Snickers, chopped
How to Make It
- If using an electric donut maker, preheat according to manufacturer’s instructions. If using donut pans, preheat oven to 350°F and grease donut pans.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg and sugar. Then add milk, oil, sour cream, and vanilla extract, mixing until thoroughly combined. Gently stir in the flour mixture, stirring until there are no lumps. If using mini-Donut Pans
- Carefully fill each donut indentation ¾ full. Drizzle a small circle of Smucker’s caramel-flavored Sundae Syrup on each donut. Bake for 7–9 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a donut comes out clean. Transfer donuts to a cooling rack and let cool completely. If using an Electric mini-Donut Maker
- Carefully fill each donut indentation ¾ full. Drizzle a small circle of Smucker’s caramel-flavored Sundae Syrup on each donut. Bake according to manufacturer’s instructions or until a toothpick inserted into a donut comes out clean. Remove donuts from appliance, transfer to a cooling rack, and let cool completely.
- Place wax paper under a wire rack to collect any drippings for an easy cleanup. Then, in a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add milk, corn syrup, and chopped chocolate, stirring slowly to allow chocolate to melt completely.
- Once melted, remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar. Immediately dip the top of each donut into the icing and then transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Place remaining Smucker’s caramel-flavored Sundae Syrup in a small bowl. Dip the top of each donut into the caramel syrup and sprinkle the top of each donut with chopped Snickers. These donuts do not store well, so serve immediately.