Crisp iceberg lettuce cradles a Southwest-inspired mix of rice, beans, chicken, and salsa. Find fresh salsa in the produce section of your supermarket. It generally has 50 percent less sodium than bottled salsa, and it tastes like it’s homemade.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 7 Minutes
- 1 (8.8-ounce) package microwaveable precooked whole-grain brown rice
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- ¾ cup fresh salsa
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion (about 3)
- 1 (15-ounce) can reduced-sodium black beans (such as Bush’s), rinsed and drained
- 12 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Spicy Chipotle Dipping Sauce
Spicy Chipotle Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
How to Make It
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Place rice in a large bowl. Stir in chicken and next 3 ingredients. Spoon chicken mixture evenly in center of lettuce leaves.
- Fold in edges of leaves; roll up, and secure with wooden picks. Serve with Spicy Chipotle Dipping Sauce. Spicy Chipotle Dipping Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.