- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
For the Pollock
- 4 pollock portions, about 6 ounces each (170 grams)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons miso paste
For the Green Apple Salad
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 12 green beans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 serrano pepper, deseeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
How to Make It
For the Pollock
- Preheat a water bath to 130°F (54.4°C).
- Mix the soy sauce, fish sauce, and miso paste together to form a wet brine. Pepper the pollock then brush liberally with the wet brine. Place in the sous vide bag then lightly seal. Let the fish sit for 30 to 60 minutes for the brine to take effect then place in the water bath and cook for 15 to 45 minutes, until heated through. For the Green Apple Salad
- Clean the outside of the apples and remove the cores. Cut them into matchsticks, or use a mandolin or spiralizer. Clean the green beans, cut them into 2" long pieces (50 mm) then cut into quarters lengthwise.
- Mix together the garlic, serrano pepper, fish sauce and lime juice. Toss mixture with the green apple, green beans, and shredded carrots. Salt and pepper to taste then stir in the cherry tomatoes. To Assemble
- Take the pollock out of the bag and pat dry.
- Place some of the green apple salad on a plate and top with the pollock. Add the cilantro and roasted peanuts then serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.