- Yield: 4 to 5 Servings
- About 15 boneless chicken thighs, skin on
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Plenty of freshly crushed black pepper
- Plenty of kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons freshly ground star anise
- Olive oil spray
- 1 lemon, preferably Meyer, quartered
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray some olive oil on it. Place the chicken in a bowl, drizzle in a little olive oil, and stir with a spoon, making sure each thigh is coated in oil. Lay the oiled chicken down on the sheet and salt and pepper liberally. Add half the star anise. Flip the thighs over and repeat the coating.
- Place the lemon quarters anywhere on the pan and bake for 30 minutes. Using tongs, flip each piece over and continue to roast for 30 minutes, until deeply golden brown and very crispy. Squeeze the baked lemons over the meat and taste for salt—it may need one final dusting.