A good cheesecake is a thing of great joy. As well as this traditional cheesecake base, there follow recipes for two more bases and three cheesecake toppings, which you can mix and match as you see fit.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 60 g (2 oz) butter • 2 tablespoons golden syrup (or dark corn syrup)
- 200 g (7 oz) digestive biscuits (or graham crackers),
- broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
How to Make It
- Melt the butter with the golden syrup (no need to boil) in a saucepan or microwave. Butter a 20 cm (8 in) round springform tin and line it with baking paper.
- Put the digestives into the cup of your blender in three batches, adding the salt as you go. Using the milling blade, blitz the first batch to a chunky powder, tip out into the prepared tin and repeat the crushing with the remaining biscuits. Pour the butter and golden syrup mixture all over the crushed biscuits and spread the mixture evenly, pressing down firmly to create a smooth layer.
- Put into the fridge to chill for at least an hour before you top with your chosen cheesecake.