- 6 bell peppers, assorted colors
- 4 strips thick bacon, chopped
- ½ pound (450 g) ground pork
- ½ pound (450 g) ground venison
- ¼ cup (40 g) celery, diced
- 1 cup (150 g) onion, diced
- ¼ cup (40 g) garlic, minced
- ½ cup (75 g) green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup (6 g) parsley, chopped
- 2 large eggs, beaten
How to Make It
- Cut tops out of bell peppers and remove inside seeds. Dice tops and save for later. Soak peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes to soften.
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crispy to render fat. Once brown, remove from skillet and set aside for later.
- Add ground deer and pork to skillet. Using a wooden spoon, chop meats well to incorporate.
- Once meat is thoroughly browned (10–12 minutes), add celery, onion, garlic, and reserved peppers from tops. Sauté for another 10–15 minutes until onions are cooked.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix green onion and parsley well with the meat filling. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly in bowl.
- Once cooled, fold in the beaten eggs and season to taste with black pepper. Stuff peppers generously with mixture.
- Place in oven and cook until brown on top (about 30 minutes).