- Yield: 6
- 300 g puff pastry
For the white chocolate and vanilla mousse
- 2 small gelatine leaves (3 g)
- 120 g white chocolate
- 200 g fresh double cream
- 1 vanilla pod (opened and scraped)
- 280 g fresh double cream, softly whipped
For the decoration
- icing sugar, to dust
- 2 large punnets of raspberries (125 g each)
How to Make It
- Make the puff pastry following the method. This step can be done the day before.
- Make the white chocolate and vanilla mousse. This step can also be done the day before.
- Roll out the puff pastry to a rectangle 2 mm thick (30 × 40 cm). Rest in the fridge for 30 minutes before baking to prevent it from shrinking.
- Place the puff pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper, then between 2 baking trays, to stop it from rising excessively. Bake for 12 minutes, then remove the trays from the oven and press down on them using your body weight to flatten it out. Check the colour of the pastry before putting it back in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes to finish baking; it should be evenly golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- With a serrated knife, cut 18 rectangles of approximately 12 × 4 cm. I always do one millefeuille at a time (3 rectangles). Divide the pastry into 2 rectangles (15 × 40 cm), and then cut 3 strips (15 × 4 cm) for the first millefeuille. Place them in front of you length ways, next to each other, and trim them down to 12 cm, cutting both sides of the 3 pieces. Put them aside on top of each other and repeat these steps for the remaining millefeuilles.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a medium-size nozzle (square or round) with the white chocolate and vanilla mousse.
- Assemble a millefeuille with 1 rectangle of puff pastry, a layer of white chocolate mousse, then another rectangle of puff pastry and a layer of raspberries. Dust the final top layer of puff pastry by covering half of it with a sheet of paper placed diagonally and dusting the uncovered pastry with the icing sugar. Remove the sheet of paper carefully to reveal the uncoated pastry and place it on the top of the millefeuille. Decorate with 3 raspberry halves.